Monday, August 11, 2008

Bad luck has a great ending...

Ok, so the last two days weren't the best for the Steffens...Maggie was generous when she said we broke our new camera.  I actually dropped it in my pijiu (beer) at the men's game when I got a little excited.  Wow, how dumb and unlucky but we were able to save the card with all the photos of our first days. Then Maggie lost it somewhere after our 4:10am wakeup call to see the raising of the flag in Tienanmen (did I mention it was pouring rain? I'll let Teresa describe for you!) - I guess it was just not meant to be.  Jetlag hit me pretty severely (among other things) and I barely made it to Jess' game. Thank goodness I did! What a game, my heart was racing throughout, I clearly need to learn how to pace myself or I will definitely be in some Chinese hospital by the end of this adventure! I hope you got to catch the game on tv, it was a nailbiter to the end and Jess played great!  We loved seeing her briefly at the end of the game, very emotional for all of us.  So today, we rest a bit, visit the USA House where all the merchandise (or whatever is left at this point) for a little shopping and maybe visit some temples for some calming prayer and meditation (that would be for me!)  Watch for more details on the kids' trip to the Forbidden City with our guide and friend, Patrick!

2 comments:

Aunt Nance said...

Peg, I'm feeling your pain! I talked to Dad and he mentioned your trouble sleeping. You need to lay low during the day and sleep when your body wants to, which I'm sure you're trying. Hopefully some yoga breathing will help before and during the games. Remember to "be in the moment"... you can't change what will be. Easy for me to say. Dad is taping all the games and Jess is getting some good face time! Love to all

Unknown said...

Yahoo! congrats to Team USA for their win against China...so sorry that your jetlag is a drag, but glad to hear you're doing better. it's all about la la land, isn't it?!? we're thinking of you lots and LOVE to see the updates from the familia!!!